Monday 7 October 2013

One Week Old Already

The pups are now just over a week old and I really can't believe how much they've grown!!  They are real little dumplings and can now move around the box with ease.  Within the next few days their eyes will start to open, there are a few already that have the corners of their eyes just starting to 'split'.  I never tire of seeing this, its always magical when you see their little faces just come to life :o)
Heres a few more pictures of them taken over the last couple of days.










Reba is still being an amazing mummy - she is just so laid back with them and is quite happy to leave them for a little while for a stroll around the back field and to lay out in the sun for a little break.  Of course it goes without saying that she's always ready to come out for all her meals and her milk at bedtime :o)

As most of you know, I always sleep with the pups for the first two weeks of their lives, starting off on the floor for a few days then if all goes well I can graduate to my camp bed until I feel that Mum is quite happy for me to leave her for the night and theres no risk of one of them being laid on.  I must admit that the floor this time was particularly hard for me, I think I must be feeling my age :o(  Anyway thank goodness, now I'm on the camp-bed and its a LOT more comfortable !!  My nightly routine is: 
1.    Give all the dogs their bedtime treat
2.    All out for a pee before bed
3.    Get my bed ready then let all the dogs back in
4.    Try to get Blossom and Angel off my bed
5.    Turn the lights off
6.    Try to get Blossom and Angel off my bed
7.    Get into bed
8.    Try to get Blossom and Angel off my bed
9.    Try to get Blossom and Angel off my bed
10.  Give up trying to get Blossom and Angel off my bed and resign myself to the fact that I have to       share :o)

Dixie and Angel

Blossom thought that offering me a tea towel and looking cute might just persuade me to let her stay on the bed



 


No comments:

Post a Comment