Friday 18 October 2013

Madge





20.03.2003 - 10.10.2013
It is with a very heavy heart that we have had to say goodbye to our beautiful girl Madge who passed away last Thursday.  She was diagnosed with a fast growing tumour in her chest that was in-operable as it was too close to her heart and she had to be put to sleep two weeks later.

She was my first home bred champion and is great great grandmother to the babies I have at the moment.  She was special in so many ways its hard to put my finger on any one thing but I will remember her most for her incredibly sweet nature - she literally loved and wanted to mother everything that she came into contact with and I can quite honestly say that I NEVER heard her growl even in play.  For the last couple of years she had been living with my lovely friend Alison and her two other Spinone, Pie and Ted and huge thanks go to her for loving and caring for her as much as I did.  Alison was always sending me wonderful stories and pictures of what Madge had been up to which I was so grateful for.

She sent me this picture of her just a few days before she died and it really captures what Madge was 'all about ' :o)   I'm so thankful that I went to see her a couple of days earlier, not really knowing that it would be for the last time.

Forget-me-not xxx
Alison is bringing her home soon and she will be laid with her mum, Asti under the oak tree.
We will never forget this very special girl who always made us smile and she will live on in her beautiful progeny.  Night night, God Bless Madge we love you xxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment