Saturday 24 November 2012

Demon Dixie

I've really liked little Cocker Spaniels since I helped a close friend with the whelping and rearing of her little Golden Cocker many years ago.  Poor little girl had a rough time of it and ended up with her milk drying up and us having to hand rear all the pups of which there were 8!  It was all very scary at the time (30 odd years ago) as it was my friends 1st litter and I had only bred 1 litter myself so it was a bit like the blind leading the blind at first but we soon got the 'hang' of it and all the pups thrived with no problems.  Well to cut a long story short I finally am the happy owner of little Dixie a beautiful Black and White :o)
Lacey (11 yrs) and Dixie (11 wks)
I can quite honestly say she is the naughtiest puppy I've ever had - wasn't expecting that!!  When she first arrived she terrorised the Spinones without mercy and the only one who would at least try to play with her was Angel who didn't seem to mind too much about this little monster hanging off her beard, ears, eyebrows or any other dangly bits.  Ebene would have nothing to do with her at all gave her a very wide berth by jumping up onto the highest thing she could find (usually the back of the sofa) where she knew she was safe from the horror dolly :o)  Thankfully she is a bit (not a lot) calmer now and the Dinsdale household is not quite so manic.  For all her naughtiness though, she is ADORABLE and we love her to bits, she's bright as a button and a huge character.

I'll post some more pictures if we can ever keep her still long enough to take any - Bless her :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment